The Membership Committee includes an equitable representation of the several disciplines within the Association. The Committee monitors both membership composition of ACPA and terminated memberships. The Committee conducts focused membership retention, engagement and recruitment activities in consultation with the Board of Directors and National Office team.
The Committee evaluates and develops methods to increase awareness of the association through coordination with the association’s marketing and communications team and builds member interest among domestic and international members of ACPA.
2022 Key Objectives:
- Promote/Increase the Value of Current ACPA Member Benefits
- Promote the launch of the new Online Community and ensure consistent engagement within the community.
- Create a webinar/video about ACPA membership benefits.
- Collaborate with the Education Committee on improving webinars as a member benefit.
- Improve/Expand Communications About the Value of ACPA Membership
- Work with the National Office by providing feedback during ACPA’s web redesign to ensure improved member experience in navigation and messaging about member value.
- Reach out to teams and team members about ACPA membership – provide incentives to join.
- Utilize social media to tell member stories.
- Assess New Initiatives/Changes to Current Membership
- Identify topics for possible member toolkits/resources. Evaluate viability of developing new resources and how it fits into ACPA’s strategic plan.
- Review current membership categories for potential changes to definition/structure.
- Survey ACPA Membership on interest in possible fellowship program.
- Work with the National Office to modify plan for Mentorship Program.
2022 Committee Members:
- Tasha E. Hall, DMD, MSD, Indianapolis, IN (Chair)
- Kristen M. Lowe, DDS, MS, Aurora, CO (Co-Chair)
- Jung-Wei “Anna” Chen, DDS, MS, PhD, Loma Linda, CA
- Jenna L. Dressler, MSW, Indianapolis, IN
- Jennifer R. Fassoth, RN, MSN, Long Beach, CA
- Katelyn Kotlarek, PhD, CCC-SLP, Laramie, WY
- Caitlin B.L. Magraw, MD, Portland OR
- Aaron C. Mason, MD, Englewood, CO
- Kazlin H. Mason, PhD, Charlottesville, VA
- Kathryn Preston, DDS, MS, Phoenix, AZ
- Daniel E. Sampson, DDS, MD, New Brighton, MN
- Thomas D. Samson, MD, Hershey, PA
- Alison R. Scheer-Cohen, PhD, San Marcos, CA
- Sibyl V. Scheve, RN, BSN, St. Louis, MO
- Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH, FACS, Sacramento, CA
- Tuan A. Truong, MD, Houston, TX
- Janice R. Rockwood, RN, BSN, Buffalo, NY (Board Liaison)