The Management and Finance Committee includes the Treasurer as chair, the President-Elect, and at least three other at-large (not serving on the ACPA Board) members appointed by the President-Elect. The Executive Director and ACPA President serve in an ex-officio capacity.
Duties of the Management and Finance Committee include the following:
- In consultation with the Executive Director, preparing and monitoring the Association budget and reviewing and making recommendations to the Board of Directors for all exceptional expenditures.
- Recommend a certified public accountant for an annual audit of the financial records as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Make recommendations regarding management of Association resources with additional consultation as required and approved by the Board.
- At the request of the Executive Director, review space, equipment and other resource needs for the National Office prior to making a recommendation to the Board of Directors.
- Provide consultation on issues of management or finance as requested by the Executive Director and National Office team.
- Advise the Board of Directors of the Association concerning management and finance of the National Office as needed.
- Address all matters relating to managing capital assets of the Association and investing these assets to provide sound financial management of Association resources.
2021 Key Objectives:
- Review annual financial reports of the Association. Develop the annual budget for the organization
- Review annual investment performance and advise the Board regarding investment policy and strategy
2021 Committee Members:
- Scott A. Dailey, PhD (Chair)
- Mary Ellen Alexander, RN, MN, New Orleans, LA
- Patricia A. Beals, DMD, MS, Phoenix, AZ
- Joli C. Chou, DMD, MD, Philadelphia, PA
- Bernard J. Costello, DMD, MD, FACS, Pittsburgh, PA
- Canice E. Crerand, PhD, Columbus, OH
- John A. Girotto, MD, MBA, FAAP, FACS, Grand Rapids, MI
- Carrie L. Heike, MD, MS, Seattle, WA
- Alex A. Kane, MD, Dallas, TX
- Ramon L. Ruiz, DMD, MD, Orlando, FL
- Kristina Wilson, PhD, CCC-SLP, Houston, TX
- Lynn M. Fox, MA, MEd, CCC-SLP (Ex-Officio)