The ACPA Visiting Scholar Program (VSP) selects a cleft and craniofacial care provider from a developing country to travel to the United States to learn more about cleft and craniofacial care from ACPA Approved Teams.
The VSP empowers scholars to effect change, enhance care delivery and direct interdisciplinary team care in their countries and/or regions. The visiting scholar travels to three ACPA Approved Teams and attends ACPA’s Annual Meeting. Individuals in the final stages of their training are welcome to apply. Preference will be shown to more established professionals. Applicants must:
- Have the capacity to implement change in their home institution.
- Reside in a country that is included on the World Bank’s list of low and middle-income countries.
- Be sponsored by an ACPA Member who will assist with the application, identify objectives and select host sites. For assistance finding a sponsor, contact ACPA at least 45 days before the application deadline. View the sponsor form.
- Upload three reference letters, including a letter from their current medical/professional director. The ACPA Sponsor is not a reference.
- Select ACPA Approved Team Host Sites that match their specialty.
ACPA Visiting Scholar Host Sites
All VSP Host Sites are ACPA Approved Teams in good standing.
Host site applications must be submitted by November 1 All host sites must resubmit an application following team reapproval to remain on the list. Apply to be a Host Site.