The Development Committee oversees creation and implementation of fundraising strategies for the organization. In conjunction with the Board, the committee will establish annual goals related to fundraising and monitor results. The committee shall be comprised of no less than seven members.
Patients, families and members of the public may be members of this committee; this group in total may not constitute a majority of the total committee membership. A representative from this group will be appointed as an ex-officio member of the Board of Directors.
2021 Key Objectives:
- Serve as an advisory board to the ACPA Development Manager.
- Recommend and oversee policy guidelines and practices for ACPA’s Development activities to ensure legal compliance and ethical practices are in place.
- Develop the case for philanthropic support, intention and expectations for ACPA’s fundraising priorities.
- Ensure all fundraising is focused on achieving the Mission of ACPA, as articulated in the strategic, operating and development plans.
- Recommend a Development Plan to the ACPA Board for its review and approval with appropriate strategies to meet or exceed annual goals.
- Monitor and track progress on the Development Plan. Participate in problem-solving to address shortfalls in achievement of goals and targets, as appropriate.
- Develop and monitor a “culture of philanthropy” with the ACPA Board. Educate the ACPA Board Members about the Development Plan and required resources for Plan realization. Offer opportunities to help develop donor relationships with current, lapsed major donors, high-potential donors and new donors.
- Members of this Committee will be ambassadors for ACPA and continue to “lead by example” with their personal gifts and ongoing commitments to ACPA. Additionally, development committee members will work with members of the board and other committees to help secure their annual commitment to ACPA striving for 100% participation of all board/committee members.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of ACPA’s Annual Meeting fundraising campaign, and other annual campaigns as required, by encouraging member giving and securing President’s Circle level gifts.
- Provide oversight to evaluation, planning and assessment of new campaigns or programs; working with the ACPA Development Manager.
2021 Committee Members:
- Matthew R. Greives, MD, Houston, TX (Chair)
- Claudia C. Bellucci, MS, Chicago, IL
- Greg Bowden, Baltimore, MD (Ex-Officio Board Member)
- Kenny “Scott” Guffey, Somerset, KY
- Donald J. Hull, DDS, Colorado Springs, CO
- Deborah Kacmarynski, MD, MS, Iowa City, IA
- Matthew Muse, Charlotte, NC
- Douglas Olson, DMD, MS, Orange, CA
- Aleshia J. Pringle, ARNP, St. Petersburg, FL
- Andrea O. Ray, MD, Loma Linda, CA
- Ruth Trivelpiece, Med, Richmond, VA
- Manny Ventura, Providence, RI