View ACPA’s webinar: Be Concise, Be Clear, and Communicate: Tips for Effective ACPA Presentations.
- Plan your content first.
- Focus on the key points and include only necessary information.
- Limit the written information. Use charts and illustrations that attendees can easily read from a distance.
- Do not use jargon, particularly when presenting to an interdisciplinary, international audience.
- Use a dark font on a light background for easy viewing. Avoid using fancy fonts or san serif fonts.
- Keep the design simple and easy to follow:
- For PowerPoint presentations: use a template that does not detract from the content, like ACPA’s PowerPoint Template, and avoid using slide transitions.
- For Poster presentations: an attendee should be able to follow the poster without an author present.
- Test and practice the presentation before ACPA’s Annual Meeting.
- Come to the session at least 15 minutes early.
- Don’t use presentation time for acknowledgements; instead, include them in the presentation.
Information sourced from this site.