Frequently Asked Questions
Feeding Your Baby Booklet
For more information, view the Feeding Your Baby Booklet. Contact us for a complimentary CD-ROM of the Feeding Your Baby video in English or Spanish.
The content of this video is provided solely for educational purposes. It is not a substitute for medical advice provided by a physician or other specialty care provider. It is intended for use by parents, caregivers, and nurses caring for infants with cleft lip and/or cleft palate only. More complex craniofacial conditions are not addressed. The content does not represent the only, nor necessarily the best, feeding method or equipment appropriate for an infant’s situation. Consult with your treating physician before proceeding to use any of the information presented in this video.
ACPA gratefully acknowledges the contributions of the following individuals, families, and organizations.
Honorary Family Services Advisor
Cleft Care Specialists
- Nancy Berk, PhD
Behavioral Sciences Researcher
- Patricia D. Chibbaro, RN, MS, CPNP
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
New York University Medical Center
- Earl J. Seaver, PhD
Northern Illinois University
- Ruth M. Trivelpiece, M Ed, CCC-SLP
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
- Kim Uhrich, BA, MSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
University of North Carolina Craniofacial Center
- Kirk and Amber Kuehnel KEIRA
- R. Timothy and Mary F. McCoy TAMARA
- Gregory A. Robinson and Maria Y. Riley AMARIE
- Delmis and Selvin Sevilla BRYAN
- Brian and Christy Sherrill MALLORY and KARLI
- Paul and Summer Taylor PAUL and NICHOLETTE
- Travis and Amber Thompson WILL
- Producer: Cindy Sink SHOESTRING CREATIVE GROUP
- Camera: Bill Jensen BILLUM VIDEO, INC. and Doug Archer THE CREW COMPANY
- Editor: Aaron Garrish A.G. MEDIA PRODUCTIONS, LLC
- Graphics: Gayle Hardy
- Interactive CD Production: INGAGE INTERACTIVE
- Cleft Palate Foundation Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- National Foundation for Facial Reconstruction New York, New York
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Estate of Sydney and Ruth Scherer New York, New York
- Triangle Community Foundation Durham, North Carolina
- Craniofacial Center
Mattel Children’s Hospital
University of California Los Angeles
- Craniofacial Center
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Mandarin translation provided by Jing Wang of the Carolina Chinese Academy.
Copyright 2008, American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association.
License is granted only for the not-for-profit, educational use of this copyrighted work. All other uses require a written license from the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association.