Proposed changes to ACPA’s Bylaws have been approved by ACPA members. Click here to view the updated Bylaws. A summary of the changes is provided below.
The current nominations procedures for the ACPA Board of Directors were established in 1987. Due to organizational changes, the merger of the Cleft Palate Foundation, and member questions that arise each year, the ACPA Board of Directors determined that an evaluation of the nominating process was necessary. The ACPA Nominating Process Review Task Force was established in the fall of 2018 to review the entire process, ensure adequate and appropriate representation by each discipline, and establish processes that are consistent with best practices in nonprofit board governance.
The revisions fall within the below strategic goals:
- Update the nominating process to improve transparency and create a diverse and representative board.
- Create a more diverse Nominating Committee to strengthen the process.
- Increase term of service on Nominating Committee to 2-year staggered terms.
The changes are reflected in amendments to the following sections of ACPA’s Bylaws:
- Article VII, Section 1: General Powers; Board Composition
- Article VIII, Section 2: Election Slate for Candidates to Serve on the Board of Directors
- Article X, Section 3: Nominating Committee
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.