Register today for ACPA’s webinar, The Black Hole: Prevention and Correction of Fistulas Following Cleft Palate Repair, presented by ACPA Members Raymond Tse, MD, FRS(C), Sylvie M. Render, MS and John H. Grant, III, MD. The webinar was originally accepted as a Teaching Course for ACPA’s 77th Annual Meeting and will be held October 6, 2020 at 4:00 PM EST. Register for the webinar.
“Fistula following cleft palate repair is one of the most significant long-term complications of cleft palate care, as persistent nasal air-escape impairs speech and persistent oronasal regurgitation impacts dental, Eustachian, and nasal hygiene. Re-operation to close a fistula has considerable burden on children and the additional scar limits velar movements and impairs facial growth. The chances of successful palatal closure diminish with each additional surgical attempt and, as such, successful primary cleft palate repair or reconstruction of an existing fistula is of paramount importance to long-term outcome and quality of life. This session will involve a combination of presentations, case examples, and panel discussion of difficult cases,” the description states.
Continuing education is available through ACCME. This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the North Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. See the course description for more information.
Other upcoming webinars include:
- Feeding Challenges in Oral Clefting: A Multidisciplinary Team Approach to Supporting Growth and Avoiding Malnutrition
- Tuesday, September 15th at 4:00 PM ET
- T&A in Patients with Cleft Palate and/or VPI
- Tuesday, September 29th at 4:00 PM ET
- Neonatal Ear Molding: A Practical Hands-On Instructional Course
- Tuesday, November 10th at 4:00 PM ET
- Introduction of Ultrasound Technology in Speech Intervention for Children with Cleft Palate
- Thursday, December 10th at 2:00 PM ET
ACPA offers educational webinars to cleft and craniofacial care providers worldwide. Register to attend a live or on-demand session today.
Earn continuing education credits with ACPA Online Learning. Visit the website for a complete list of live and on-demand sessions.