ACPA is now accepting nominations for ACPA’s 2021 Board of Directors from current voting ACPA Members, which are Active and Life Members. The ACPA Nominating Committee strives for a balance of disciplines, gender, geography, institutional, racial, ethnic and other demographics. Please keep this in mind, along with the desired board competencies, when considering your nominations. Self-nominations are welcome. View the desired competencies/qualities. View the list of 2020 Board Members.
The Board of Directors is empowered to develop, implement and reevaluate the strategic plan of the Association; formulate organizational policy to foster growth and development of the Association; approve the annual budget; and hire, compensate and terminate the Executive Director. The Board of Directors also oversees the operational function of the Association; establishes principles of conduct for teams and members; and interfaces with other organizations and the general public regarding issues central to ACPA’s mission.
The Nominating Committee is accepting nominations from current voting ACPA Members for the following positions:
- President-Elect: Serves on the Board and becomes President after one year. Should have previously served on the ACPA Board.
- Vice President-Elect:Serves on the Board and becomes Vice President after one year. Assists the current VP with ACPA’s Annual Meeting program and will be the 2022 Program Task Force Chair.
- Board Member – Named (Dental):Serves a three-year term. The named Board Member in 2021 shall represent a dental discipline (including orthodontics, oral/maxillofacial surgery, dentistry, etc.) per the ACPA Bylaws.
- Board Member – At Large: Serves a three-year term. This member may represent any discipline per the ACPA Bylaws, although overall board diversity and balance will be considered.
- Nominees must be ACPA members for a minimum of 5 years.
- Nominees demonstrate a high commitment level to ACPA.
- Nominees have previous reliable involvement and responsiveness on ACPA activities, such as committees, task forces, meetings and scientific contributions.
- Nominees have strong organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Nominees have time and administrative support and can accept the responsibilities of the designated position.
Submit a nomination online by June 4, 2020. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 919-933-9044 x 214 for assistance.