It has been my honor to serve ACPA as its president over the past year. This was the year we celebrated ACPA’s 75th Anniversary. We highlighted members on the blog and celebrated our history with a timeline and commemorations at the Annual Meeting. It has been so much fun looking back at how ACPA began – with a focus on team care – and realizing that while ACPA and the profession have changed so much, we are still committed to team care 75 years later. We have a lot to be thankful for and a lot to celebrate.
- We were excited to introduce ACPA Online Learning – the new live and on-demand webinar platform that will bring education to providers year-round.
- 2018 was also the year The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal moved to SAGE publishing. The new look and renewed energy have led to an even better product.
- ACPA also launched a redesigned website for ACPA Family Services, which now works seamlessly with acpa-cpf.org. There is also new look for the Family Services publications, and several new publications will be released in the coming months.
We also have a lot to look forward to in 2019.
- ACPA is excited to introduce the Cleft Courage Bear in January 2019. This new design – custom-made by GUND®, Inc. with stitches across the upper lip – is infant-friendly, washable, and made from high-quality plush fabric.
- We will be introducing a Major Donor Society in 2019 to recognize those who support ACPA and ACPA programs.
- The ACPA Board of Directors is currently working on a new strategic plan, which will be introduced in 2019. The plan will help as we move forward for ACPA’s next 75 years.
Thank you for allowing me to serve as your president in 2018. I look forward to being part of the ACPA family for years to come.