Treatment specialists, support organizations, advocacy groups, and affected individuals and families are joining forces this July to encourage awareness and prevention of cleft and craniofacial conditions for National Cleft & Craniofacial Awareness Month. In an effort to increase cleft and craniofacial awareness, ACPA will share patient and family stories and reach out to our local community to share the message, and we need your help to reach an even bigger audience. Here are some ways you can join us in promoting awareness:
- Share your Story – We invite you to submit your story to be shared as we spread awareness in July and throughout the year. Email us your story and pictures. Here is a flier with more information.
- Join us online – ACPA Family Services (Facebook, Twitter) and ACPA (Facebook, Twitter) and share our posts.
- Request official acknowledgement of the awareness month from your local government. Here’s a sample proclamation from the Mayor of Chapel Hill, North Carolina declaring July as Cleft & Craniofacial Awareness & Prevention Month in the Town of Chapel Hill.
- Support ACPA with a local fundraising activity. Email us for fundraising assistance.
- Make ACPA brochures to available in your office. Email us for information.
Stay tuned to our social media outlets for updates and to hear what others are doing nationwide. Remember to send us your story for the ACPA blog – and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up-to-date on announcements regarding activities and events.