- Social Media:
- Email us what your team is doing in July, and we will share your story on the ACPA blog in July and throughout the year.
- CPF will share pictures and stories from patients and families on social media. Please spread the word with your patients – they can submit their stories to CPF.
- Make Cleftline brochures available in your office. Email us for information.
- Request official acknowledgement of the awareness month from your local government.
- Ask your local newspaper to write an article highlighting people with facial difference.
- Write to your state and federal representatives to advocate for cleft palate/craniofacial patients and insurance legislation to cover treatment costs. CPF can provide information packets to heighten their awareness of medically-necessary cleft and craniofacial care.
- At Work:
- We all love a dress-down day! Work with your institution or clinic to let employees donate $10.00 to CPF to wear jeans on any day they choose for the month of July.
- Plan a bag lunch day in the office, and ask your co-workers to contribute $15.00 to CPF instead of ordering out. Raise cleft awareness and get some great quality time with your co-workers too.
- Use an empty coffee can or mason jar to collect spare change at your reception desk or lunch room. Email Zoë Playe for a CPF sticker to place on your can or jar to raise awareness. Change adds up quickly, and imagine how much you can gather in July! This idea also works well for your young patients to try in their school or neighborhood. You’ll be setting the pace for the “change” we are united to see for our cleft/craniofacial community.
- As always, please share any of your FUNdraising initiatives with CPF staff so we can share with others and post on social media. Click here to make CPF donations online.
Visit the National Cleft & Craniofacial Awareness & Prevention Month (NCCAPM) website to learn about member organizations and download graphics for your own use.
Stay tuned to our blog to hear what others are doing nationwide. Please tell us about your activities too so we can feature you online and let us know if you have any questions. We can’t wait to hear how you’re building awareness this July.