Virtual Planning in Craniomaxillofacial Surgery at ACPA’s Annual Meeting
ACPA’s Annual Meeting features a Pre-Conference Symposium on the Pathway to Adulthood, a Seminar on Increasing Leadership Effectiveness, a keynote presentation from Rick Guidotti, and the reintroduction of Advanced Courses. The entire event is full of opportunities to network and learn from cleft and craniofacial professionals.
Saturday, March 18, will feature concurrent sessions and a workshop on Virtual Planning in Craniomaxillofacial Surgery. Over the last decade, virtual surgical planning has been applied to a myriad of operations in the craniomaxillofacial region. This session will include a multidisciplinary panel that will introduce the tools of virtual surgical planning and demonstrate how it can be applied to a variety of surgical problems. This session will include real time planning sessions to demonstrate the steps involved:
- Introduction and the tools in virtual surgery (15 minutes) Sean Edwards, MD, DDS
- VSP in midface and mandibular surgery (30 minutes) John Caccamese MD, DDS
- VSP in cranial vault surgery (30 minutes) Michael Friel, MD
- Live planning session #1 Cranial vault remodeling (15 minutes)
- Live planning session #2 Orthognathic surgery (15 minutes)
- Live planning session #3 Distraction (15 minutes)
Register now for ACPA’s 74th Annual Meeting.