Chapel Hill, NC, May 25, 2016 – The Cleft Palate Foundation (CPF) is pleased to announce the winners of their annual college scholarship awards. The CPF College Scholarship Committee, led by chair Dianne Altuna, MS, CCC-SLP, awarded a total of 26 scholarships to outstanding students nationwide.
Among the CPF awards this year are the Peter Randall, MD & Don LaRossa, MD Scholarship Award; the Earl “Gip” Seaver, PhD Scholarship Award; the Virginia “Ginger” Hinton, PhD Scholarship Award; a CPF Community College scholarship; a CPF Vocational/ Technical School scholarship, and other general college scholarships.
This year’s winners are:
- Peter Randall, MD & Don LaRossa, MD Scholarship Award: Julia Hessling, Hawley, PA
- Earl “Gip” Seaver, PhD Scholarship Award: Andrew Kline, North Aurora, IL
- Virginia “Ginger” Hinton, PhD Scholarship Award: Morgan Mitchell, Spanish Fort, AL
- CPF Community College Scholarship Award: Aurika Herrera, Salt Lake City, UT
- CPF Vocational/Technical School Scholarship Award: Curtis Bishop, Ashburn, VA
- CPF General Scholarship Awards:
- Christopher Allen, Washington, D.C
- Boone Always, Scottville, MI
- Joseph Arriola, South River, NJ
- Madison Carmenate, Altadena, CA
- Bracee Dudley, West Lafayette, IN
- Ashlynn Etzler, Clarksville, TN
- Zachary Green, Hebron, OH
- Nathan James, San Ramon, CA
- Russell Llave, Phoenix, AZ
- Gabrielle Martini, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Pauline Ni, Torrance, CA
- Bridget Nolan, North Scituate, RI
- Amber Pristas, Pembroke Pines, FL
- Sarah Redheffer, Ocala, FL
- Nicholas Rinehart, El Reno, OK
- Kristin Robinson, Savage, MN
- Nicholas Shoemaker, Alpine, CA
- Sara Skarshaug, Traverse City, MI
- Delaney VanWey, Gowanda, NY
- Beth Wuger, Claremont, MN
- Hannah Yackley, Saint Stephen, MN
CPF college scholarships are awarded to students born with cleft lip, palate, or other craniofacial conditions who are enrolling full-time in a U.S.-accredited post-secondary institution or program. Scholarship recipients are selected from a competitive pool of applicants based on their past academic performance, evidence of leadership and community involvement, indications of future academic success, and a written essay.
Visit www.acpa-cpf.org/acpa-family-services for more information or to donate to the CPF College Scholarship program.
About the Cleft Palate Foundation
The mission of the Cleft Palate Foundation (CPF) is to serve individuals and families affected by cleft lip/palate and other craniofacial conditions by connecting them to team care, providing education, and offering personal support. CPF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1973 to be the public service arm of the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association. For more information, visit www.acpa-cpf.org/acpa-family-services or call 919-933-9044.