The American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association announces an art contest to celebrate 75 Years of Team Care. This contest invites everyone in the cleft and craniofacial community to use their creativity to raise awareness of cleft lip, palate and craniofacial conditions.
The winning artwork will best showcase the theme: My Cleft Journey
The contest is open to all who have a cleft or craniofacial story to share.
- Only one entry per person.
- The entry must be created without assistance from anyone else.
- The art must be original and not a copy of other work.
- Entries can be a painting, drawing, collage or any two-dimensional piece. It cannot have a frame or border and must be created on paper 11”x17” or smaller.
- No substitutions or new versions of submission will be accepted under any circumstances once the original entry is submitted for consideration.
- Each entry must be submitted in a flat envelope accompanied by a photo of the artist and a signed entry form. The following information should be included on a separate sheet and glued or taped to the back of the artwork: name, address, birth year, and parent name (if artist is under 18). Please do not fold, staple or paperclip the art.
- ACPA may copy and/or modify submissions for reproduction. Original artwork will not be returned and may be used for future contest promotions.
- All entries must be postmarked no later than 10/31/2017.
ACPA will select winners and honorable mention winners in each age group, with one winner and up to five honorable mentions selected in each group.
ACPA will award one winner and up to five honorable mention winners in each age group (age as of October 31, 2017).
- Group 1: Ages 0-3
- Group 2: Ages 4-7
- Group 3: Ages 8-11
- Group 4: Ages 12-14
- Group 5: Ages 15-18
- Group 6: Ages 18+
All winners will receive a certificate of recognition, and their artwork will be featured by ACPA in 2018. The artists will also be featured in a press release, highlighted on social media and featured on the ACPA website. Potential uses for the work include: marketing materials, social media posts, ACPA’s Annual Meeting and materials, the cover of The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal and fundraising. Winners will be notified by December 31, 2017.
The contest begins on September 25, 2017 and ends on October 31, 2017. All entries must be postmarked no later than October 31, 2017.