ACPA is pleased to announce the winners of the 2018 Professional Awards. ACPA strives to support patients and families by helping to equip care providers with essential professional resources. Each year ACPA provides the opportunity for graduate students or young professionals studying in cleft and craniofacial fields to become members of ACPA and attend the Annual Meeting through professional scholarships. The educational benefits of these scholarships allow professional development opportunities that may not be otherwise available, and ACPA’s Annual Meeting offers networking opportunities that will assist the winners for years to come.
The application period held during the Fall of 2017 produced a highly competitive candidate group. ACPA is pleased to recognize the following candidates and welcome them to ACPA:
- The Mary J. Hauk Memorial Fund for Dental Residents winner is Alyssa Cho. Ms. Cho lives in Pittsburgh where she currently studies at the University of Pittsburgh.
- David P. Kuehn Speech Scholarship for Students Enrolled in a Communication Sciences and Disorders Program or Related Field winner is Katelyn Kotlarek. Ms. Kotlarek lives in Greenville, NC where she is currently a doctoral student at East Carolina University studying Communication Sciences and Disorders.
- The Karlind T. Moller Cleft/Craniofacial Scholarship for Speech Pathology/Audiology Students winner is Marziye Eshghi. Ms. Eshghi is a doctoral student of Speech and Hearing Sciences at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- The James F. Mulick Orthodontic Scholarship winner is Olivia Yue. Ms. Yue lives in New York City where she is currently an orthodontic resident at the New York University School of Dentistry.
- The Donna Pruzansky Memorial Fund Grant for Nurses winner is Kelly Nettles. Ms. Nettles lives in San Antonio, Texas where she is the Craniofacial Nurse Coordinator at the Children’s Hospital of San Antonio.
ACPA’s 75th Annual Meeting, April 10-14, 2018 in Pittsburgh, PA, will honor the past, challenge the present, and inspire the future. Additional award winners will be recognized during the Awards GAla on Thursday, April 12. The 2018 Scientific Program features general and concurrent specialty sessions, poster sessions, panel presentations, study sessions, and nuts and bolts of team coordination. For more information about the meeting, visit http://acpa-cpf.org/annual-meeting/.